Baofeng DM-5R V3 2018 Digital Tier-II DMR Dual Band Amateur Ham RadioDM-5RV3
- DMR Digital Radio
- TURBO Compatible (Tier I & II)
- Crystal Clear Call Quality
- Dual Band
- VHF/UHF 136-174/400-470Mhz
- 2000mAH High Capacity Battery
- High Power/Low power (5W/1W)
- 128 channels
- 21CM Dual Band Antenna
- Auto power saving function, Super-Long Standby
- 14 hours usage time, up to 30 hours of standby time
- Emergency Alarm
- Individual / Group / All Call
- CTCSS / DCS
- Compatible with Digital DMR And Analog FM Systems
- FREQUENCY RANGE: VHF: 136-174MHZ / UHF: 400-470MHZ (DUAL BAND)
- MEMORY CHANNELS: 128
- FREQUENCY STEPS: 2.5 / 5 / 6.25 / 10 / 12.5 / 20 / 25KHZ
- OPERATING VOLTAGE: DC 7.4V (RECHARGEABLE LITHIUM BATTERY)
- FREQUENCY STABILITY: ±1.5PPM
- OPERATING TEMPERATURE: -20 - +50 C
- OPERATION MODE: SIMPLEX / REPEATER
- ANTENNA IMPEDANCE: 50Ω
- BATTERY CAPACITY: 2000MAH
- DIMENSIONS: 110×58×32MM (EXCLUDING ANTENNA)
- OUTPUT POWER: 5W/1W
- MODULATION: ANALOGUE: 16K¢F3E/11K¢F3E | DIGITAL: 4FSK
- MAXIMUM FREQUENCY DEVIATION: ≤5KHZ/≤2.5KHZ
- FSK ALLOWABLE ERROR RATE: ≤3%
- SPURIOUS POWER: ≤7.5UW
- ADJACENT CHANNEL POWER: ≤-65DB/≤-60DB
- SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO: ≥-45DB/≥-40DB
- CTCSS/DCS FREQUENCY DEVIATION: 0.7±0.1KHZ / 0.4±0.1KHZ
- MODULATION SENSITIVITY: 8—12MV
- TRANSMITTING CURRENT: ≤1.5A
- ANALOGUE SENSITIVITY: -122DBM (12DB SINAD)
- DIGITAL SENSITIVITY: -120DBM(BER≤5%)
- AUDIO POWER: 1W
- AUDIO DISTORTION: <10%
- INTERMODULATION: ≥62DB/≥58DB
- ADJACENT CHANNEL SELECTIVITY: ≥65DB/≥60DB
- RECEIVING CURRENT: ≤380MA
- Baofeng DM-5R Radio
- Li-ion Battery
- 21CM Antenna
- AC Adapter / Desktop Charger
- Belt Clip / Lanyard
- PTT Earbud Mic
BONUS: One Programming Cable Per Order
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
What are these radios supplied with and is the firmware upgradable? I'm referring to the pre order Baofeng DM 5R Digital DMR Dual band radio Thanks
The radio includes charger, antenna, battery, belt clip, lanyard, and ONE programming cable with software per order.
The current firmware is the same as the RD-5R, it is not upgradeable. Baofeng is currently unable to supply much in terms of support for the upgradeable firmware, or how often new ones will be released.
Does this price include charger and programming cable?
Includes charger, and ONE cable per order.
What software does this radio use.
The radio uses the BF-5R software from Baofeng. A download link is provided when you purchase the radio.
does this unit have the same frequency range as the foreign models as your add here says it' has limited to local regulation , will it get emergency, marine,weather, noaa, fire, police scanner channels, can it be used as a cb? also can you manually switch uhf and vhf , analog and digital as per situation preference or does this unit make it's own decisions on how/what it wants to use? thanks
The unit has a maximum frequency range of 136-174 Mhz and 400-480 Mhz. It will recieve any service that operates analogue, or DMR in the range. It cannot be used as a CB in North America as that frequency range is 27 Mhz. You can manually input an Analogue frequency in either VHF or UHF. While digital does require far more variables to be set there is limited manual programming in Digital. For digital operation it is best to program those channels via a Windows computer.
Hi, Could you please confirm that the V3 radio can be programmed to receive between 470 - 512 MHz? Thank you.
The radio only goes up to 480 Mhz.
Hi Bill, Everything Iâve read on the Internet says that the DM-5r is not TDMA compatible. Did Baofeng fix it with this new firmware? Another question, is it possible to order an adapter to use my carbon fibrer headphones with an Icom IC-706Mkiig radio? â73
The first and second generations of the Baofeng DM-5R were not compatible with the DMR TRBO network. This radio is the 3rd generation, has Tier II compatibility, and is suitable for the DMR ham network.
I do not have pre-made audio adapters for Icom. I'm sure it could be easily made with a pin-out diagram, but I do not have a wholesale supply for the connectors.