Decision Making: Solve Problems with Emotional Intelligence
How effective are you at processing information from your environment and using emotion to drive your decision making?
How rational and objective are you in solving problems?
From the decision to rise in the morning to the decision go to close your eyes and go to sleep at night, you are constantly solving problems and making decisions. Throughout each day you are confronted with a variety of problems and decisions that require a rational, thoughtful response underpinned with good emotional awareness.
This course is about proactively working towards solutions that help you to make timely decisions as you solve work problems to bring value to your company and your customers. In addition, the skills, processes and tools taught in this course can bring value to other aspects of your life.
Good decision making means that you can grasp problems and mindfully devise effective solutions. It means that you can deal realistically with situations as they arise and manage emotions and impulses that may disrupt effective decision making.
Both creativity and mindfulness form a basic part of solving problems along with intuition. Intuition is a decision-making process that is often overlooked in business. Applied in a mindful way, and used well, it can add richness and speed to developing realistic solutions to problems.
The course is based around the Decision Making component of Reuven Bar-On's comprehensive assessment of emotional intelligence. You do not need any knowledge of this model or about emotional intelligence to take the course. (It is important for me to stress that I have no commercial affiliation with Reuvon Bar-on and the EQ-i 2.0 assessment.)
This course is a standalone course for anyone interested in understanding how to solve problems and make good quality decisions more effectively. It forms part of a comprehensive course that explores emotional intelligence in more depth.
The course covers the ways to stimulate creativity and looks in detail at the fashionable business technique of mindfulness. Within this course, mindfulness is applied to decision making.
You'll receive all the information that you need and will be coached using loads of practical hints that you can use straight away.
The course is made up of a series of lectures and contains course notes. There are a series of interactive practical activities that involve some interaction with other people and some reflection.
The course material makes up a one to two-day workshop so is equivalent to 8 -12 hour's training. It forms part of our advanced emotional intelligence course endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
PLEASE NOTE - This course is NOT for you if you are not prepared to work through the practical activities that make up a fundamental part of the course. Your decision making cannot be developed just by watching the video lectures. It requires you to do some reflective thinking, to get some feedback and to discuss your development with others. I'm afraid that you won't get the best from the course unless you are prepared to do this.
There are FIVE practical activities included within the course that is designed to help you to develop your decision-making capabilities. All of them require you to do some work outside of the course.
What are the requirements?
- You should have an interest and understanding of emotional intelligence but no prior knowledge and experience is needed to benefit from the course.
- An interest in how to use your emotions and manage impulses to effectively solve problems and make optimal choices.
- A willingness to learn more about innovation, creativity and mindfulness as techniques to use in problem-solving and making decisions.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Make better decisions through critical thinking and creative problem-solving.
- Recognize and remove barriers to creativity to foster an innovative work environment producing practical solutions.
- Move beyond familiar ways of thinking and seeing the world and become open to new ways of listening, leading, responding, and innovating.
- Use mindfulness to take the time to consider all of the attributes of the different options, and make more informed decisions.
- Develop and build your emotional intelligence
What is the target audience?
- This course will support the development of your emotional intelligence by helping you to make better quality decisions. It will be of interest to anyone who is looking to develop their problem solving and decision-making skills. It will help you to understand your reality and how it differs from others, how your emotions can influence your impulses, and how you can use mindfulness and creativity to drive your decisions and solve problems.
- This course will NOT give you quick fixes or answers to your problems but help you in developing your capacity to do this for yourself.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.