Developing Emotional Intelligence in Teams
- How effective are you at working with other people in small groups or in larger teams?
- How good are you at communicating and building effective relationships?
The increasing complexity of teamwork in the 21st century means that teams are unlikely to achieve superior performance through chance or the skills of an effective team leader. What matters is how the team manages the emotional climate under which they are working.
This course is about proactively working together with others in ways that will help you to communicate more efficiently as you engage with each other to bring value to your company and your customers. In addition, the skills, processes and tools taught in this course can bring value to other aspects of your life.
Good team working means that you can understand how each other works together. It means that you can have an understanding of other people's strengths and limitations through the way in which they use they prefer to approach situations, their focus and their behaviour.
The course, also, covers working with the emotions experienced during change and ways to develop resilience in individuals, teams and organizations.
Some disagreement and conflict will be inevitable as this is where learning, creativity and understanding occurs. It is not that conflict occurs that is the issue, it is how it is managed by the individuals involved, the team and the leader.
The course is based around the outer world component of emotional intelligence focussing on empathy and social skills.
This course is a standalone course for anyone interested in understanding how to work more effectively with others within teams. It complements other courses that explore emotional intelligence in more depth.
The course covers the DISC model looking at the behaviours of Dominance, Influence, Steadiness and Compliance and how these work together in teams. You get the opportunity to look at the four behavioral styles and how you can work better with others who have a different style of your own.
You'll receive all the information that you need and will be coached using loads of practical hints that you can use straight away.
The course is made up of a series of lectures and contains comprehensive course notes. There are a series of interactive exercises that involve some activity with other people and some reflection.
The course material makes up a one to a two-day workshop so is equivalent to 8 -12 hour's training. It forms part of our advanced emotional intelligence course endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
PLEASE NOTE - This course is NOT for you if you are not prepared to work through the exercises that make up a fundamental part of the course. Team working cannot be developed just by watching the video lectures. It requires you to do some reflective thinking, to get some feedback and to discuss your development with others. I'm afraid that you won't get the best from the course unless you are prepared to do this.
There are FOUR practical activities included within the course that is designed to help you and your team to develop your team working capabilities. All of them require you to engage with your team and do some work outside of the course.
What are the requirements?
- You should have an interest and understanding of emotional intelligence but no prior knowledge and experience are needed to benefit from the course.
- An interest in how interactions with other people work and how to build them more effectively.
- Keenness to learn about behavioral styles based on DISC (Dominance, Influence, Steadiness and Compliance).
What am I going to get from this course?
- Identify how the team working through emotional intelligence can lead to better outcomes
- Recognize why some conflict is to be expected and why it is a part of healthy relationships
- Understand behavioral styles with a focus on your style and how to work with others with different styles
- Work to build the hearts and minds of your team
- Develop and build your social skills and your emotional intelligence
What is the target audience?
- This course will support the development of your emotional intelligence. It will be of interest to you if you are looking to develop your interpersonal relationships within teams.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.