Nifty E-Z Guide to D-Star Operation
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Nifty E-Z Guide to D-STAR Operation
A Comprehensive D-STAR Operating Reference
New Second Edition Release as of March, 2010
A Complete D-STAR Operating Guide
- Ideal reference for those getting into D-STAR
- Straight forward and simple explanations
- Written for both beginning & experienced D-STAR users
- Routing calls using the D-STAR network
- Local and remote repeater operation
- Linking to D-STAR Reflectors
- Using call sign memories to make calls
- Programming radios for D-STAR operation
- Making use of short text messaging
- Text and data file transmissions
- Using a computer and a DV dongle
- Finding and accessing D-Star repeaters
- Informative computer screen photos
- Packed with useful information
- Clear and easy to read
- Paperback cover, printed on 24 lb paper
- Size: 135, 5.5 x 8.5 inch pages
After reviewing this guide, one D-STAR system administrator stated: "Anyone purchasing a D-STAR radio should have a copy of this book."
Another D-STAR system system administrator is using the book as the basis for a series of D-STAR classes being offered to their users.
Using easy to understand explanations and illustrations, this book describes how the D-STAR system operates and provides guidance for setting up transceivers to be able to access D-STAR's many features and modes of operation. Special coverage is given to the extended capabilities available via Dplus equipped gateways.
Provides D-STAR users with the background information and radio programming procedures needed to route calls via remote repeaters and reflectors. The book also includes detailed how-to information for digital text messaging, file transfers and DV Dongle operation.
Detailed information for installing, configuring and operating the freeware d*Chat and DRATS digital messaging and file transfer programs. Especially useful when Internet access is not available or for supporting emergency communications.
A separate chapter is devoted to setting up and using the DV Dongle to make calls through D-STAR repeaters and reflectors using a computer. Ideal for those without a local D-STAR repeater or for when you are traveling.
This is the first comprehensive reference to the world of D-STAR operation ever published. An ideal resource for discovering the full range of operating modes and opportunities available to D-STAR users. Experience the excitement of D-STAR!
New to the Second Edition:
- Expanded content from 104 to 135 pages
- Updated illustrations and text to be current with updates to referenced web pages
- Updated D*RATS digital communication software section to the new version 0.3x
- Updated Dongle DV Tool software section to be compatible with new version 2.0x
We Also Recommend
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.