Baofeng UV-82HP 8W Dual Band Amateur Ham Radio VHF / UHF
- 3 Power Levels (1, 4, 8 watt) adjustable
- VFO/ MR (Frequency Mode) can be locked via software
- The Dual PTT Switch can be synchronized via software to simplify operation of the radio
- The blacklight on/off switch time can be set via software
- Includes the High Gain V-85 Antenna to Optimize Performance
- Full Accessory Compatibility with ALL UV-82 accessories
- Multiple TONE Burst Options on a NEW user Menu. Selectable Tone Burst Options Include: 1000hz, 1450hz, 1750hz, 2100hz
THE DUAL PUSH-TO-TALK DIFFERENCE
The Baofeng UV-82HP comes with a dual push-to-talk button. The dual PTT is a huge leap forward in HT technology. It allows you to transmit on two frequencies by the use of the rocker PTT switch. By pressing up you can transmit on "Frequency A" and by pushing down you can transmit on "Frequency B". Frequency A or B can also be used as a scanner of channels, frequencies, CTCSS and DTS tones.
NEXT GENERATION BAOFENG CHIPSET
The Baofeng UV82HP has upped the bar on affordable ham radio technology! Compared to previous Baofeng products (UV-5R, GT-3, and the v2+ Series) the UV-82 comes with a much louder speaker (1 watt), a more solid case with larger buttons, and a new chipset and PCB board that outperforms the range, and accuracy, of the previous Baofeng radios. It's not simply a remake but a new radio from the ground up.
The BaoFeng UV-82 HP is legal for use on amateur frequencies, and will be programmed compliant to Industry Canada specifications. The UV-82 is able to Transmit on Narrowband (12.5kHz) and Wideband (25kHz).
The Baofeng UV-82 has one built-in receiver but can "watch" two channels (semi duplex). Monitor two different frequencies (even on different bands (VHF/UHF)) and the radio will monitor both frequencies giving priority to the first station to receive an incoming call.
You can listen to the FM Broadcast radio, while still monitoring your radio frequencies in the background. Any incoming call will be given priority insuring you never miss an important call while listening to the radio.
The Baofeng UV-82 supports the most common Analog Tones. It supports CTCSS, DCS, and DTMF calling methods. Set-up your calling methods to call by group tones. Tone calling (private line / PL) is required by most repeater applications and the UV-82 supports the latest standards.
The BaoFeng UV-82 can even send DTMF tones. This allows for sending ANI (Caller ID) or remote commands that require DTMF tones, for example echolink, IRLP, and repeater Autopatch.
The Baofeng UV-82 has an internal VOX (Voice Operated Transmit) function for convenient hands-free operation and can be used in conjunction with the included earpiece and mic. The VOX level and VOX delay time are adjustable to your needs.
You can program your Baofeng UV-82 exactly how you want it. There are 128 programmable memory channels. You can add or remove channels from scanning list using the free computer software. You can give channels alphanumeric names, using a computer. The radio has 2 power levels (5 watt maximum), allowing you to choose how far you can communicate. You can set VFO limits using the CHIRP software. You can easily program from a PC to set-up the radio to operate exactly as needed.
- Frequency range: [TX] 144 - 148MHz, 420 - 450MHz, 68-108MHz (FM Broadcast)
- Channel Capacity: 128 Channels
- Channel Spacing: 25KHz (wide band)12.5KHz (narrow band)
- Sensitivity: ≤0.25μV (wide band) ≤0.35μV (narrow band)
- Operation Voltage: 7.4V DC ±20%
- Battery: 1800mAh
- Frequency step: 2.5, 5, 6.25, 10, 12.5, 20, 25, 30 and 50KHz
- Antenna: Antenna Connector: SMA-Female / Antenna Impedance: 50Ω
- Accessory Connector: Kenwood 2 Pin Standard
- Stability: ±2.5ppm
- Output power: 8W / 4W / 1W
- Audio Power Output: 1000mW/10% (1 Watt)
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
- Baofeng UV-82 HP
- 1800mAh Battery
- V85 Antenna
- Power Adapter
- Belt Clip
- Hand Strap
- Battery Charger
- User Manual
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.