Wouxun Radio Cloning Cable
Cloning duplicates the contents of the source radio into the target radio. Radios to be cloned must have the identical model number and be equipped with the same software options and or firmware. Radio functionality inherent in one radio cannot be cloned to another radio that does not have the same functionality. An attempt to clone radios that are not of the same model number or software options will result in an unsuccessful error message. This cable does not include any manuals or instructions for use. Please refer to your users manual for applicable directions. Kindly note that we supply the hardware only, we can not supply software, or directions for specific radios.
Compatible radios (partial):
Kenwood KPG-22 compatible radios: TK-240, TK-250, TK-255, TK-260, TK-260G, TK-270, TK-270G, TK-272G, TK-278, TK-278G, TK-340, TK-349, TK-350, TK-353, TK-360, TK-360G, TK-370, TK-370G, TK-373G, TK-378, TK-378G, TK-430, TK-431, TK-715, TK-2100, TK-2102, TK-2107, TK-2118, TK-2160, TK-3100, TK-3101, TK-3102, TK-3107, TK-3118, TK-3160
Wouxun radios (partial): KG-669, KG-669 Plus, KG-679, KG-689, KG-689 Plus, KG-UVD1P, KG-UVD2P, KG-UVD3P
How to use the cloning function for KG-UVD1P.
1. Two radios are needed and the wire-clone cable, the source radio sending all the settings and parameters to other radios, and the target radio to be cloned with all the settings and parameters from the source radio.
2. Install the battery pack on the source radio and then the target radio, then connect them with the cloning cable.
3. Power on the target radio
4. Then power on the source radio, while hold the MONI key at the same time.
5. Red LED on the source radio keeps flashing, while the green LED on the target radio also keeps flashing, which shows the cloning is initializing.
The red LED of source radio indicates the status:
1. When cloning is proceeding and sending the data to the target radio accordingly, the red LED keeps flashing.
2. When the cloning completes, the red LED turns off, and the source radio is back to the standby mode.
3. When the cloning fails, the red LED remains on, and the source radio is back to the standby mode.
The green LED of target radio indicates different status as follow:
1. When cloning is proceeding and receiving the data from the source radio the LED keeps flashing.
2. When the cloning completes, the green LED shuts off, and the target radio is back to the standby mode.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.